Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ (Federation). You’ve heard of it, yet are not exactly sure what it does and how it affects you.
Simply stated, Federation helps all Jews in need and connects individuals or families of any age or stage of life to a community of Jewish people in ways that are personally meaningful to them by:
· Providing job search help and teaching new skills to an unemployed middle manager
· Helping a “typical” child understand that he and his differently-abled friend are very much alike
· Counseling a family in crisis
· Supplying lifesaving humanitarian relief to places near and far devastated by natural disasters, such as Haiti, Japan, and New Orleans
· Getting a teenager and 20-something excited about their Jewish heritage through life-changing trips to Israel
· Enabling an elderly couple to remain, supported, in the home they love
Encompassing Essex, Morris, Sussex, Union, and parts of Somerset County, Federation is 126,000 people strong as a result of the merger of UJC MetroWest and the Jewish Federation of Central New Jersey on July 1, 2012. As one of the largest Federations in the country, we now have an even greater ability to help Jews in need and ensure a vibrant community today and for future generations.
We fulfill our mission by funding and supporting a community-wide and overseas network of partner agencies that create and implement innovative solutions to the full range of human needs and by deftly responding to crises as they arise. We also believe that a strong, secure Israel is the bedrock of the global Jewish community. The hallmark of the MetroWest-Israel connection is the building of living bridges with our seven partner communities and Israel-at-large.
All of Federation’s work, in Greater MetroWest, Israel, and around the world, is inspired by our commitment to Klal Yisrael and tikkun olam — one Jewish people and repairing of the world — and made possible by the generosity of the MetroWest Jewish community.
Learn more about your Greater MetroWest by exploring this website. Check our Community Calendar and Events pages. Visit often to stay informed. And if you’re not sure what you are interested in or where to get the help you need, contact the Jewish Resource Line at (973) 929-3100 or email@example.com.
People-to-people connections. Touching lives every day, in every way. This is the Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ. Join us.